Stoneweg US, one of the nation’s fastest growing multifamily real estate investment and development companies, is currently seeking a Commercial Real Estate Paralegal. Stoneweg US serves as exclusive investment manager of Varia US Properties AG, a Swiss, publicly traded real estate fund (SIX Swiss Exchange ticker: VARN) and also partners with US and international equity investors to acquire and develop multifamily assets in markets with strong population growth and positive trending economic conditions. The Stoneweg US team challenges the conventions of real estate investment through a research driven, results-oriented approach that has led to the successful deployment of over $380 million of equity and the acquisition of over 11,500 multifamily units since 2016. The Company plans to remain focused on this aggressive growth strategy for 2020 and beyond.
The Accounting Manger will be part of a dynamic, growing and entrepreneurial business environment. The position will report directly to the Assistant Controller and will perform a variety of accounting, financial analysis, project management and financial reporting duties including consolidating the monthly financial results prepared by third party property managers, preparing, maintaining and reconciling financial transactions and reports for corporate ledgers and working closely with the Finance and Asset Management groups to drive corporate level initiatives . The position will interact and manage the relationships with external auditors and coordinate with external accounting firms as well as various property managers and investors. This position will also play a key role as we build out our ERP system (Yardi) including consolidation at the Swiss level. This will be an exciting role with opportunities to take on additional responsibly as the company continues its rapid grow.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
• Perform month-end and year-end close activities including financial statement preparation for corporate / consolidated ledgers and entities.
• Prepare monthly financial packages and submit timely to the Assistant Controller for review and approval to finalize reporting within the
proper time frame for review.
• Implement and manage property level and corporate level accounting policies.
• Participate in distribution calculations for various asset groups and funds.
• Perform accounting for our construction / development operations.
• Prepare and properly document journal entries.
• Prepare and track accruals and accrual entries.
• Prepare budgets, forecasts and distributions as needed.
• Frequently interact with third party property managers, as well as the Stoneweg Legal, Asset Management and Acquisition teams.
• Handle special projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; advanced degree a plus.
• Public accounting background preferred (Big 4 a plus).
• Active CPA designation.
• Consolidation accounting strongly preferred.
• Real estate and construction / development experience a plus.
• Minimum 3 – 5 years of Accounting experience.
• Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and IFRS. • Advanced Excel skills.
• Excellent quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Project Management skills desired, including ability to drive projects to completion.
• Experience with account software products such as Yardi, QuickBooks, etc.
The chosen candidate will receive a competitive salary, bonus program, and an excellent benefits package. This position offers the candidate a strong opportunity for growth and advancement in the Company.
Qualified candidates should email their resume to the following address:
NOTE: This job description is inclusive of but not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions may be required as deemed necessary by the CFO.